Heraeus Biofuge® Stratos HIGHSPEED Table Top Centrifuge
The compact Heraeus Biofuge® Stratos® is a versatile refrigerated high speed tabletop centrifuge that incorporates advanced drive technology usually found only in expensive floor model centrifuges. The Stratos features a whisper-quiet spindle drive – unique for a tabletop centrifuge – that allows 9 different fixed-angle, microliter, swinging bucket and microplate rotor types to be spun at speeds to 23,300 rpm (50,377 x g). Spindle drive technology enables very short acceleration and braking times for faster sample throughput, and significantly extends instrument life. Imbalance sensitivity is reduced to the point where tubes can be balanced by eye alone, and sample disturbance under breaking is kept to a minimum. Sample capacity ranges from 4 x 180 ml (or four microplates) in the instrument’s swinging bucket rotors to a maximum of 24 x 1.5 or 2 ml tubes in microliter rotors. The rotor inventory of the Stratos also spans four different biocontained fixed-angle varieties. A wide range of adapters is available for popular tube sizes down to 0.2ml.
Until now, intelligent technology has been reserved for floor standing centrifuges but, for the first time, it has now been used in the design of a refrigerated highspeed table top centrifuge – Biofuge stratos by Kendro Laboratory Products. Intelligent technology guarantees greatest benefits for the demanding user of a highspeed centrifuge.
- Speeds to 23,300 rpm (50,377 x g)
- Max. capacity of 4 x 180 ml
- Unique spindle drive technology for short acceleration/deceleration times
- Wide choice of high speed, high capacity rotors with biocontainment
- Electronic imbalance detection
- Automatic rotor recognition
- EASYcontrolTM II user programmability
- RCF selection and quick run function
- Dual lid-locking mechanism
- Whisper-quiet operation