R&D Company Closure:
California

The Client

The client is a leading Research & Development company specializing in the biopharmaceutical industry.

The Challenge

The company had decided to close down its business and was in need of a comprehensive and affordable solution to sell and fully manage its laboratory and analytical equipment. Equipment included some high value items such as an AB Sciex 3200 Mass Spec with Shimadzu LC, 3 Waters Acquity UPLCs, 3 Waters HPLCs, and 2 Caron Environmental Chambers. Other equipment included Ultrasonic Cleaners, Vacuum Pumps, Balances, Freezers, Viscometers, Incubators, and more.

With a tight deadline of only a few months, the client was seeking a vendor who would be able to provide inventory services, consignment options, and logistics assistance along with an efficient channel to sell its equipment through.

The Solution

Account Management

EquipNet provided a dedicated Account Manager resource for the duration of the project at no extra cost to the client.

Project Management

EquipNet’s onsite Equipment Specialist to properly inventory, tag, and photograph the client’s equipment.

Storage & Consignment Transportation

Through EquipNet’s Worldwide Logistics service, all assets were picked up accordingly from the client’s facility and relocated to our warehouse in San Jose, California for consignment.

Multiple Sales Channels

EquipNet outlined an all-inclusive sales plan for ensuring all of the client’s assets sold in a timely manner.

The Result

Utilizing a range of our services, EquipNet Specialists were able to successfully manage this project, resulting in a very satisfied client. EquipNet was able to backup software data from the computers on all analytical lab equipment and shut each of these assets down properly to prep them for transportation, consignment, and sale.

Individual Asset Sales through EquipNet’s online MarketPlaceTM sold approximately 38% of the assets and the remaining 62% were sold through an online dedicated auction event hosted by EquipNet. The company also saw over $250,000 in logistical savings.

Highlights
Number of Assets
37

Sales Proceeds
$180,000+

Equipment Categories
Mass Spectrometers
Ultrasonic Cleaners
Environmental Chambers
HPLCs
Assorted Lab and Analytical Equipment

Services
Project Management
Account Management
Storage and Consignment Transportation
Multiple Sales Channels

Interested in Learning More About Our Services?

Contact Us Today